Friday, 5 November 2010

Baby you're a firework (8)

What on earth does Katy Perry mean?
Does she mean a) The person is magnificent and beautiful or does she mean b) They are dangerous, unpredictable and have a bit of a split personality?

Hmm I choose B :) Well well well feel a rant coming on here! I can see why people get fireworks for one they are beautiful and magical but there is always a bad side. We personally have had fireworks a few times and seeing someone you love approach an explosive (which is clearly what a firework is) with a lighter is a scary, non-pleasurable experience. Whenever we had fireworks there was every time without fail a near accident and it brought to mind the reality of the situation. I personally would not like to be working in A&E tonight not to mention the amount of fires the fire brigade have to put out! I honestly believe that fireworks should be enjoyed when they are put on show by professionals who know exactly what they are doing and are not something which should be messed about with, and I also think that they should be banned from being bought by the general public. I have always been scared of fireworks after all of the adverts warning us about the dangers on the TV and when I one day spotted a boy of 3 years younger than I am with a firework threatening to set it off in the tunnel near me I was terrified, this was about 3 years ago making me 16 and him about 13! I don't really care if he was to mess about with the firework and blow his own face to pieces it would have been his own fault but it wouldn't have been him that got hurt it would have been an innocent bystander which is extremely scary.

So that's my rant over but one more thing before I go my little Benji is sitting beside me panting because he is so scared however this gives me a reason to have the music channels up loud on the TV to drown out the sound of the fireworks outside.

Lexxi <3 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment