So i've been watching so many book hauls and reviews on youtube recently and i've not been reading as much as I used to recently which is a shame so decided to buy a lot of books over Christmas and try to read a bit more. Anyway here is a little blog about the ones i've gotten recently:
First of all my sister got me a book for my birthday from the Southern Vampire Mysteries series which i'd been meaning to get for a while now. Ever since I started watching True Blood I was dying to read t he books since i've read the house of night series and twilight.
I read Dead until Dark in a week which was pretty good going since I was at college and working on the week of my birthday, I read this while I was working in Sainsburys over Christmas and I couldn't put it down. It was such a good book I went out and bought the next 4 in the series to keep me going for a while.
The second book which I got just before Christmas was Calling Romeo by Alexandra Potter which is a romantic novel although to be honest I can't actually remember much of the story at all. It is definitely a book I would read again and I do remember that the characters travel to Verona in Italy and i'm almost certain it reminded me of Letters to Julliet.
It might be the next book on my reading list since I want to read something more realistic in between all of the vampire fiction that I got over Christmas and I have actually just purchased a book today that i'm really excited about reading over the next couple of weeks which is from a completely different genre than i'm used to but it should be good to elope a little.
Another book which I rushed through is Living Dead in Dallas which is the second in the Southern Vampire Mysteries series and although, again, I don't remember all that much of it i'm pretty sure I really enjoyed it.
Although I don't remember much of this book i'm sure I enjoyed it and couldn't wait to get onto number 3 in the series. I was surprised how close this book is to the True Blood series on TV it's almost following the story line exactly which surprised me since the Vampire Diaries series is completely different to the first book which is the only one i've "read". By "read" I mean that I have it on audiobook on my ipod, which btw is the worst thing ever since I like to have the book in front of me and I wont even buy a kindle even though so many people suggest it because i'm too old fashioned and love filling my bookshelf with new books especially a whole series of them. There is nothing better than the smell of a new book and i'm pretty sure the kindle doesn't smell the same.
Another book which I started reading is Club Dead but unfortunately I just can't get into it at all. I'm not sure if i've just read too many vampire novels in the short space of time or if i'm just sick of the genre for now.
Anyway I just can't get into it at all and am only about halfway through and i've pretty much given up with the whole book right now, i'm going to read a few books which have nothing to do with vampires for a bit now and see if I feel like reading them again in the future.
Keeping on the subject of Vampires is Destined which is the 9th book in the House of Night series, i've read every single one of these books and loved them all and this one was no different. I'm excited that there is a plan for books 10, 11 and 12 with 2 more novellas to accompany them along with the 2 already out.
Anyway this book was really good from what I remember of it and it carried on the series very well, I read this book pretty quickly so that I could carry on with Club Dead but obviously I couldn't focus on any more vampires at the minute.
This next one is one that I haven't managed to properly start reading yet but hopefully it will feature in my next haul which should be at the end of March.
Hopefully i'll manage to blog about books more often than I blog about life in general.
Talk to you all soon
Lexxi <3 xxx






No comments:
Post a Comment