So it's time for my April Book Haul, this month i've done a little reading but not a whole lot especially towards the end of the month and i'm not sure how much reading will get done in May since I have my exam to prepare for. Anyway here is the haul:
Here is the first book that I got this month. I've been waiting for this book since I found out that Jenny Colgan was writing another one like Welcome to the Cupcake Cafe which I adored. I already read this book while I was in Inverness and it was so good.
The blurb says:
Were you a sherbet lemon or a chocolate lime fan? Penny chews or hard boiled sweeties (you do get more for your money that way)? The jangle of your pocket money...the rustle of the pink and green striped paper bag.
Rosie Hopkins thinks leaving her busy London life, and her boyfriend Gerard, to sort out her elderly aunt Lilian's sweetshop in a small country village is going to be dull. Boy, is she wrong.
Lilian Hopkins has spent her life running Lipton's sweetshop, through wartime and family feuds. As she struggles with the idea that it might finally be time to settle up, she also wrestles with the secret history hidden behind the jars of beautifully coloured sweets
The second book that I got this month was Going La La by Alexandra Potter which I haven't had a chance to read yet since i've been too busy trying to catch up with books i've been trying to get through for a while, anyway it looks like a good book and hopefully i'll get to read it soon.
The blurb on this one says:
Frankie's life is falling apart. In less than a week she's gone from having everything - a great job, lovely flat and gorgeous Hugh - to having nothing at all.
Devastated, dumped and on the dole, she packs her bags and flies to Los Angeles to stay with an old friend. Her goal? To sort out her life and get over Hugh. She does not, repeat not, go to LA to fall head over heels for an American photographer called Reilly and to run away to Las Vegas.
But what happens when Hugh wants her back? Who will she choose? And is it really true that whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?
The third book this month was It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han, after reading the first book in the series and fell in love with it I was really looking forward to the second and I did really like it but not as much as I liked the first one.
When something is perfect, you hope it never ends...
Isabel's lazy, long hot summers at her family friends' beach house are over:
Conrad - sexy and unavailable - is the only boy she's ever loved. He's left for college, taking her heart with him. Jeremiah - his gorgeous brother. is still Isabel's best friend - but maybe friendship isn't enough for him anymore...
Isabel just wants everything to stay the same, because change means moving on. But if she stops looking back, will she find a future she never knew she wanted?
And finally my favourite book of the month was Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I have been waiting to read this book for ages and I LOVED it...I am planning on writing a review on it because I loved it so so so much. It's amazing and I can't wait to get Pretties within the next couple of weeks...
The back reads:
Tally can't wait to turn 16 and become Pretty. 16 is the magic number that brings a transformation from a repellent, Ugly into a stunningly attractive Pretty, and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.
But Tally's new friend, Shay, isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world - and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can ever imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn Pretty at all. The choice Tally makes will change her world forever.
Anyway that's all from me for this month and i'll be back again soon with my review of Uglies so stay tuned for that...
Your little book worm, or perhaps not this month, Lexxi <3 xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment