I've decided to write a review as I go along with each of the books I review so I will mark each entry with the date and chapter and page number which I am on.
NOTE: **This review may contain spoilers**
29/02/2012 - Chapter 7, Page 61
Ok so I just got Divergent today and so far i've really been enjoying it, the concept of the factions is interesting and not something i've read about before. So far in the novel we have learned all about Tris and her life before she sat the test and was deemed Divergent up until her choice at the choosing ceremony and am currently a little way into the initiation process but not very far. So far i'm enjoying it and I struggled to put it down to write up this blog.
1/3/2012 - 12am - Chapter 15, Page 175
Ahh this book is far too good i'm actually writing stuff down as I read so that I can blog about it so far i've got quite far, Tris is finding out where she will live for the rest of her life, well as long as she makes it through initiation, and meets some of the leaders of the faction named Four and Eric (when I read the name Eric of course I pictured a 6'4 blond haired and blue eyed man from Sweden) who knows where I got that idea from...But as I read on the only thing similar between this Eric and Eric Northman is their bad boy attitude. I'm really shipping Four and Tris right now since he seems the nicer of the leaders and I definitely sense a spark between them. I also learned the factions and their "qualities" so to speak: Erudite (Intelligent), Amity (Peaceful), Dauntless (Brave), Candor (Honest) and Abnegation (Selfless). Anyway within her new faction Tris is forced to fight others in order to rank higher than them and to remain in the faction and avoid becoming a nameless and faceless streetwalker who is essentially factionless. A fate worse than death in their eyes.
2/3/2012 - DONE
I never thought i'd finish a near 500 page book in 3 days but that's exactly what I just did. Facebook has been bombed out as has everything else in my life apart from this book. The story was amazing I absolutely loved it! I am so excited about this book it is unreal, the plot, the characters and the concept of the future world is so intense that I struggled to put this book down at all. Ahhh can't wait for the next book i'm so happy with this book but so sad for it ending. Too many emotions over a book it's crazy...
Anyway I recommend this book to anyone and everyone...it's something unusual but really interesting and I fell in love with it...the whole story left me wanting more and has been driving me crazy because it is so good.
Can't say enough good things about this book!!!
Lexxi <3 xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment