Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Book Review - The Hunger Games...✰✰✰✰

Hey everyone,


So the Hunger games featured in my last haul at the end of February and I just wanted to do a little update on it here:


*THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*


5/3/2012 - Chapter 7, Page 105
I'm honestly so sad to say it but the pace of this book is a little slow for me and to be honest i'm struggling. I'm not having that urge to just pick up this book and read it for a whole day and it's just not capturing my attention at all which is rather annoying. I was really looking forward to this book and after reading Divergent I had high expectations but i'm just not 100% sure about it yet. Hopefully over the next couple of days i'll get more time to read it and actually concentrate.


7/3/2012 - Chapter 21, Page 338
My opinion has totally changed of this book within a few days honestly it's getting so good now that they are actually competing in the games and it's getting to be a pretty good book. Katniss is trying her hardest to survive alone and keep away from the alliance formed between a group of the players who are all aiming to kill her. The whole story is moving a lot quicker now and i'm actually beginning to enjoy it. We shall see how it progresses but the way that it is going right now i'm planning on buying Catching Fire as soon as possible...


7/3/2012 - Done!
Ahh the end of this book is amazing! My opinion of it totally changed after I got through Part 1 since the dragging out of them preparing for the games really bored me but when they actually got into it the story was amazing. The characters are so good but from the start i'd always thought Katniss and Gale were made for each other and I had doubts about the Katniss and Peeta thing, I liked the similarities to Romeo and Juliet with the whole star crossed lovers angle and the way they planned to commit suicide. Katniss is by far my favourite character, she is strong willed and capable of taking care of herself while at times Peeta annoyed me somewhat. I am still unsure of whether I will go to see this in the cinema or just watch it online since i'm a bad girl...But either way I do want to see how they made the film and how similar or not it is to the book. It may also be a good thing that it's fresh in my mind and I can compare the two more easily. 


Don't be too surprised if the next one appears in my March book haul either since i'm now hooked...


Lexxi <3 xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment