Monday, 12 March 2012

Book Review - Matched...✰✰✰

Hey everyone, 


So I started reading Matched a few nights ago and so far i'm a little bit of the way through but I don't have it to hand so can't tell you exactly what page I am on. So far I think I like it, but again not 100% sure on it like I am with The Hunger Games. If i've not posted the Hunger Games review then you are probably confused right now...


8/3/2012 - Chapter 15, Page 168
So i'm quite a bit of the way through this book now and am really starting to enjoy it. I love how Cassia is clearly like Ky even though she is Matched with Xander. Xander has been her best friend for years but now she seems to like Ky since it's defying what the society dictates. The whole society dictates everything which is an interesting theory, the fact that everyone dies at 80 is scary though but anyway i'm off to read some more 


11/3/2012 - Chapter 28, Page 312
I'm really starting to enjoy this book, the story is good and I love the idea of a love triangle between Cassia, Xander and Ky. Ky seems to be the risk since he is not allowed to marry anyone because he is an Aberration and although we are not sure why it has something to do with his mother and father who were killed. I'm enjoying the unraveling of the story of Ky's parents and how he ended up living with his Aunt and Uncle. I've also just discovered at the part that i'm at that the elders only die when they reach 80 because the society poison their last meal and that Ky isn't expected to make it to 80 because of the place he works in. In the book i'm up to where Cassia is telling Xander about her feelings for Ky which is a very tense moment as we don't know exactly how he will react to the news...


Done!!!
I must say I really got into this book especially towards the end although i'm not sure if I am going to rush out and buy the sequel. I think it might have to wait since I have many more books that I want to read first. Since i'm a sucker for a love story this book really appealed to me although was not my favourite love story book that i've read recently...


Anyway it was Ok but not worth getting extremely excited over


Lexxi

No comments:

Post a Comment