I am seriously hoping that I can make my book hauls a regular thing especially now that I have a job again and can afford to buy books. This month i've bought 4 books and with each one i'll put whatever is in the blurb underneath and then at various times throughout the month I plan on reviewing each of the books, especially the ones i've really enjoyed.
1. The first book which I purchased and received yesterday is Divergent by Veronica Roth.
This picture does not do the cover justice and even though they say not to judge a book by it's cover the cover of this book is beautiful. It has a holographic effect which is so pretty. I got this through Amazon for £6.09 which is a pretty good deal since it says £9.99 on the back, there are 485 pages in the book and the writing is a decent size, not too small and not too big. The back of the book reads:
One choice decides your friends, defines your beliefs and determines your loyalties...Forever
When sixteen year old Tris makes her choice, she cannot foresee how drastically her life will change, or that the perfect society in which she lives is about to unfold into a dystopian world of electrifying decisions, stunning consequences, heartbreaking betrayals and unexpected romance.
I am really excited to read a book which is from a completely different genre than I am used to and look forward to getting into this book within the next few weeks.
2. The second book which is featuring in my February book haul although I only received it this morning is The Hunger Games, this is the book which I mentioned in a previous post that I am majorly excited about especially since the film is being released later in the year
This is the cover that I wanted rather than the original cover. I just prefer this one as it looks sleek and plain and I hope to get Catching Fire and Mockingjay in the same cover to look nice on my bookshelf. I know they say not to judge a book by it's cover and in this case it's very true. The cover is pretty plain and boring and if I happened to be in a shop I would probably pass it by. I'm so glad I heard about this book and I am very intrigued to read more. Size wise this book is 454 pages which isn't too bad and the writing is average sized. This cost me £5 from play.com.
May the odds be ever in your favour
Winning will make you famous
Losing means certain death
In a dark vision of the near future, twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live TV show called the Hunger Games, there is only one rule: Kill or be killed.
When sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.
From what i've heard this book is truly amazing and having read the first chapter twice I can see that i'm not going to be able to put it down once I make a start on it.
3. The next book which I bought and also arrived today is Matched by Ally Condie which is the third novel which i've bought which is set in the future, this one however will probably have more romance than the others and since that's usually the genre that I go for i'm looking forward to mixing it with a futuristic twist
This is going to be an interesting one and another which i'm really looking forward to reading. This book has 366 pages which is smaller than the other two and again the writing is average sized compared to other books, this cost me £4.49 from waterstones.comOn her seventeenth birthday Cassia meets her match. Society dictates he is her perfect partner for life.
Except he's not
In Cassia's society, officials decide who people love.
How many children they have.
Where they work.
When they die.
But, as Cassia finds herself falling in love with another boy, she is determined to make some choices of her own.
And that's when her whole world starts to unravel...
The whole concept sounds really interesting and is not like the usual love story that I go for, i'm still unsure which order I want to read these 4 in and whether I want to read 2 at a time. I've made a start on Divergent and don't really want to start on anything I might confuse it with so the next book might be the perfect choice.
4. The final book in this haul is Lenobia's Vow, I read every House of Night novel and I recently read Dragon's Oath but out of all of the professors Lenobia has always been my favourite and i'd always wondered what her story was...
So I decided that I could spare a mere £3.49 for this book and hopefully i'll manage to read this one just as quickly as the last one and put up another review. This book has only a mere 147 pages which is tiny.
Before becoming Zoey's favourite professor and the House of Night's powerful horse mistress, Lenobia was just a normal 16 year old girl - but with enough problems to last a lifetime.
In 1788, Lenobia's mother placed her on a ship bound for New Orleans. An evil bishop, skilled in dark magic, is making the same journey. His appetite for beautiful young women forces Lenobia to remain hidden, but she secretly visits the ships stables, where a handsome young man and his horses capture her attention.
Can they make it to the New World before the bishop discovers her true identity and a powerful evil breaks loose? And will Lenobia follow her heart, even if it puts lives at risk?
This could be a nice easy read in between some longer books and is definitely not something that needs a lot of concentration to understand. It should be a nice accompaniment to the other House of Night novels and might help me to understand Lenobia better...
Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this little book haul and stay tuned for a few book reviews in the near future...
Lexxi <3 xxx
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment