Monday, 9 April 2012

Book Review - The Summer I Turned Pretty... ✰✰✰✰✰

Oh My, 


This book was so good, a lovely short summery read that had just the perfect amount of romance. It was such an easy book to read and the story was really cute, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to try the next one.


Plot
The story is set in the Summer where the main character Belly spends her summers at a summer house on the beach with her mother and her brother. Also at the beach house are another family, Belly's mum's best friend and her two sons Jeremiah and Conrad, who are a pair of hotties of course. The story revolves around Belly and her summers at the house with her giving flashbacks from previous years and how her love for Conrad grew. The back of the book simply says: 


"There's the swimming pool at night, the private stretch of beach - and the two boys.


Conrad - Unavailable, Aloof - Who she has been in love with forever.


Jeremiah - Friendly, Relaxed - The only one who has ever really paid her any attention.


But this year something is different. They seem to have noticed her for the first time. It's going to be an amazing summer...and one she'll never forget"


Characters
Belly is not described in great detail and can easily be related to by the reader. I really liked Belly's character and her love for Conrad reminds me so much of the crushes I had in high school...Jeremiah seems to be the cute, brotherly type who is sweet and perfect boyfriend material whereas Conrad is everybody's favourite bad boy who is unstable and mysterious...


All in all this is a really good wee book that I recommend to anyone who likes a little romance and an easy read.


Talk to you all soon 


Lexxi <3 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment